Saturday, November 22, 2008

Harrisburg Has Been Destroyed!

This Could Happen to You and Your Family

I just got home from work at 5:30 PM on April 8, 2012. It has been raining since March 24. The ground is saturated. The Susquehanna River is at flood stage. I was in the upstairs bedroom changing my clothes. The dog and cat were playing down stairs in the dinning room. The wind picked up and is blowing at about 35 miles and hour. Suddenly, I started hearing a low rumble. I could not figure out what it was. Then the house started shaking violently, throwing me up in the air and down to the floor. I manage to get myself on the bed. But the bed started flying up in the air and down to the floor.

Suddenly, the ceiling started coming down. The bedroom wall started collapsing into the yard and the bedroom floor started tilting toward the street. As the bed continued to bounce up and down, the room started to fall into the yard. As the bed hit the yard with me in it, the bouncing stopped. I got up off the ground and notice my house was no longer standing. I looked around and no house was standing. My cat came out of the rubble and ran over to me. The dog was trapped in the rubble. The area was very quiet. I can hear people screaming and crying in every direction. Then I can hear people saying please help me, my children are trapped. I pulled my cell phone out of my shirt to call 911. My cell phone was dead. I looked down the street hoping to see the police. I saw no cars moving. Then it hit me, we are on our own in this neighborhood.

This was the big catastrophic Earth Quake that hits this area every 250 years. All the bridges across the Susquehanna from Harrisburg to Columbia are down with hundreds of cars full of people in the river. The river bed under Lady Liberty rose 20 feet. Blue Mountain and Second Mountain collapse due to the rain and fall into the Susquehanna River, Route 322, and Route 11/15. Both events caused the Susquehanna River to damn up. The river backed up into the Juniata and the two forks of the Susquehanna. These people up river are being flooded out of their homes. About 95% of Harrisburg’s homes and buildings have collapsed with thousands of people trapped inside. Just in the City of Harrisburg, thousands are dead and thousands need medical care.

Three Mile Island had an emergency shut down but a reactor leak is draining the water out of the reactor pool. This could cause a core melt down. Power lines are down all over the area. Gas, Gasoline, and oil storage tanks and lines ruptured. The live electrical wires cause fires all over the area. The wind is fanning the flames and fire is spreading all over the Harrisburg area.

You would think that the federal, state, and county governments would be on the scene in a matter of minutes. But this Earth Quake hit 12 states with the same impact as Harrisburg. All resources, city, county, state, and federal are being strained and it may be days before most people in Harrisburg see any help.

I started thinking about this when my Earth Quake insurance was canceled in 2006. That was my first clue that something was going to happen. Insurance companies don’t take risk when they know something is going to happen. The fact that York and other communities started getting larger and larger quakes was my second clue that the big one is coming. My third clue was when New Orleans received little help from the Federal Government and the state for days after Hurricane Katrina.

I am sorry that I did not act to create a citizen’s disaster recovery organization and no one decided to put together a community emergency program. I am glad that this is still 2008 and it is not too late to enact such a program.

It is up to you to do something about this!

We are due for a big earth quake in this area. They come about every 250 years. The last one changed the course of the Mississippi River. This is why part of the state of Missouri is on the East side of the river today. Here is some other information about local area Earth quakes;

http://www.leo.lehigh.edu/projects/seismic/pennquakes.html

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/regional/states/pennsylvania/history.php

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/regional/states/?region=Pennsylvania

When I moved to this area in 1985, I bought Earth Quake insurance as part of my home owners insurance. I had this insurance until 2006 when I received a letter from my insurance company, telling me that they will no longer sell me this insurance. I went to several other insurance companies, most refused to sell me this insurance. Insurance companies are in the business of taking on the risk of disasters provided that the disaster risk is in their favor. This is why you have life insurance cheap at age 20 but it is very expensive at age 70, if you can get it at all. That is because the insurance company will not stay in business long is they have to pay out for disasters. When they believe a disaster is coming, they will cancel and stop selling policies for that particular disaster. In my case, the risk of disaster is no longer in the insurance companies favor. So my policy was dropped. If you can, get Earth Quake Insurance for your home and property.

The next thing you can do is start preparing your family for an Earth Quake Disaster. Have you and your family look at this short video.

http://www.govlink.org/3days3ways/video/chap1_content.html

Is your home ready for an Earth Quake? Here is more information for your family.

http://www.govlink.org/3days3ways/

What about your pets? Here is information on how to prepare them as well.

http://www.govlink.org/3days3ways/pets.html

Now how about your community? Again, it is up to you. Just remember when it happens, it will be too late to put something in place to help you, your family, your neighbors, and your community. You have to put together plans now. Below is a course from FEMA to help you do just that.

http://www.training.fema.gov/EMIWeb/IS/IS800b.asp

Emergency Management Institute: IS-800.B - National Response Framework

Take this information to your church, temple, association, or club. With their help, put together a plan for disaster response. Put together an organization, get training, and equipment for the coming disaster. Have exercises to see if your plans, organization, and equipment are enough to do the job. Then evaluate your exercise to see where you need improvements.

Next contact your city council, police, or fire department and your county to find out who is in charge of coordinating your organization with the rest of the Emergency Management System. Don’t take this for granted. Your life as well as your family may be in the balance. Only you can make this happen. Send this information to everyone that you know, children, parents, friends, coworkers, and neighbors. Time is running out!








.

No comments: